Monday, December 2, 2013

This Is The Story Of A Girl


Hello everyone!
I'm Brooke and as Haley, my co-blogger and God- given best friend, has already explained we are so excited to start this blog! Our deep longing for this blog is to glorify God as we share the revelations he speaks into us, and the things he teaches us. This first post will be unlike the others in that it has our testimonies and a little introduction to who we are and what Christ has done in us!  

I have gone to church since before I was born and up until around middle school I attended every service and VBS my church had going. In 6th grade I decided
I didn’t want to go anymore, and with much debate I finally didn’t have to. Flash forward to the middle of my junior year, where the lord tugged on my heart from all sides. I had an urge to begin attending youth again, I was invited to a bible study, and my life had become a mess that I know couldn’t go on the way it was.

  I had a hole in my heart that was designed for Jesus and I was filling it with everything but Him.  I was not glorifying God to say the least. In most regards I was a “good girl” but as I would soon learn there is a huge difference between being a good girl and living for the King.  Through the next few months I began to see the lord in ways I could have never imagined. That hole in my heart was not only filled, but running over.  My soul was satisfied and my life had purpose. Ever since then I have desired to live my life for Christ. Yes, I have had ups and downs but I have come to realize that through the many seasons that he deserves all praise and glory regardless of the circumstance.  I know there is nothing in this world that will satisfy my soul like Him and I couldn’t imagine my life with out Him.


During thanksgiving I discovered that being at home for a while is so different once you go to College. Being in my room is unusual and my family has a new spunk to them that I just don’t remember. The other day I was reading my bible and sharing with my sweet momma some new things I’ve learned in discipleship, I remembered some sermon notes I think of often while at school. As I rummaged around my displaced things not only did I find the notes, but along with them so many more raggedy treasures from this past year or so.

            Once I began looking through the old notes, and cards and everything in between I was taken aback at how much love and just plain Jesus I had experienced my senior year of high school. My church family was incredible and the love of Christ they poured onto me was beautiful. These cards were, with no doubt written from the heart, and the support and encouragement inside of them I can’t express enough thanks for. And for those half scribbled sticky notes with that bright pin, those are more precious to me than gold. Those are revelations the Lord spoke to me, and things he pressed deep into my heart with. Those papers contain things that changed the way I see life, the dreams He’s given me and the passion I get only from Him.
             
Looking through those papers has made me thirst for the Lord. To crave his presence and scripture, to worship, to experience his presence in ways I haven’t experienced in a while.

I feel like I’ve changed so much in the few short months I’ve been in college. I’ve understood the grace of Jesus on a whole new level and I have joined the most amazing church. Let me just tell you, this church is what the bible speaks churches to be. The community aspect is inspiring and the focus on the Gospel is perfect. Every doubt I had about coming to this college was erased once I joined this church. I have no doubt that this is where the Lord wants me to be right now.

As much as I love my church and the community I partake in, those things are not my relationship with the Lord. Those things are needed, but they’re not it. Flipping through those papers urged me to reminisce on my personal relationship with my Savior. The daily commitment of being a follower of Christ requires the deep joy and fulfillment that is found only in Him: in Christ alone. Those papers brought a fresh reminder of his presence that I feel so deeply when I’m studying and seeking.  With all that this new college life entails, I have, some how, left only a little time and energy for the lord when I know good and well that it will not work. He is my source and strength – my portion forever. Don’t you love when he grabs a hold of you like that?

So I have a new excitement. I’m excited to dive deeper once more in my walk with Jesus. I’m excited to hear what he desires for me to do. I’m excited to hear what he has to say. I’m excited for him to fill me up once more. I’m excited to do his will. I’m excited to live my life for him. And I’m excited for this blog.

Haley and I have been talking about starting this blog for quite some time now. Speaking for myself, I have very little knowledge in blog doing, but the Lord has pressed it on our hearts and I know he works all things together. So with this new energy, excitement, and blog we’re off. I can’t wait to share the ups and downs of this journey with you!
All glory be to Christ
with love,
      Brooke

Because your love is better than my life, my lips will glorify you. So I will bless you as long as I live; and in your name I will lift up my hands.  Psalm 63:3-4

1 comment:

  1. Brooke! I so want to be you when I grow up!

    ReplyDelete