Saturday, December 28, 2013

You Better Do Something


What better time to start something new than the New Year. With the New Year typically comes new beginnings, lifestyle changes and resolutions. Maybe what I’m trying to begin this year is nothing unusual for you, but when this thought occurred to me the other day a load of conviction came along with it. What it comes down to is that I realized that I better act when I feel the Lord pulling on my heart.

What really started my resolution to start trying to diligently act when I feel conviction from The Lord is a quote by Francis Chan. It goes something like, “You’re going to read this and study His word and you’ve got to be so careful. When you’re convicted about something while reading scripture you better do something. Because if you don’t, the next time you’re convicted about something it will be so much easier not to do anything.” I don’t know about you, but I do not want to fall into that complacency willingly.

Right after I realized this I was reading and Matthew 11:5 shot off the page. It says “… and the poor have good news preached to them.” I have found it now more essential than ever that I must share this good news of great joy of our savior to the poor in my community. Check out Luke 6:20-30 too, such clear and urgent instructions.

The Lord gives us clear directions in his word about how we are supposed to live and what we are supposed to do while on this earth. Imagine reading The Bible for the first time ever today. Never have had experienced church before or seen anyone “live it out”. I’m sure what we would get from it would be quite contrary to what we see today. We would probably realize that we are on a mission. Our lives would more than likely echo that. That’s my goal this year, to let my life reflect that I’m on a mission.

I really like this quote by Katie Davis that says, “I began to realize God wanted more from me, and I wanted more of him.  He began to grow in me a desire to live intentionally and differently from any one I had ever known.” Ohh I just love that. It’s so true. Our King longs for us to desire him and live differently in this crazy world for his names sake.

Numbers 23:26 says, “Did I not tell you all that the Lord says I must do.”  “All that the Lord says I must do”, meaning that He has specific jobs and tasks for each one of us to complete. If he has placed something specifically on YOUR heart, it’s for you to do. Those things that keep you up at night, the things that make your heart burn; those are the things that the Lord has given you a passion for and gifts to change. If not me then who, if not now then when? We must act.

Lord I ask that you will break our hearts until it moves our hands and feet. Let our life bring you glory in all things. You are so worthy. We want to live differently for your names sake and act on what you desire for us to do. Lead us and guide us. We love you. You are so good. In Jesus name, Amen.

With love,
Brooke


No comments:

Post a Comment